MindGeek is the largest, privately held company in our industry developing unparalleled technologies for high traffic, high volume online properties. Our exceptional team consist of experts in every functional area of business and they are the key to our position as leaders in content delivery. We strive to innovate on a daily basis to ensure we continue to grow and create new revenue opportunities and cutting edge technology. If you are passionate about taking your career to the next level, then join the MindGeek team and be a part of something big.
The primary responsibility associated with this role includes generating reports for our clients, Performing ETL from disparate data sources, writing complex and optimized SQL queries, handling data warehouse tasks and server maintenance.
Required skills & abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of T-SQL with minimum of 5+ years of experience in MS SQL 2005 or above.
- Design and develop ad-hoc /scheduled reports and dashboards for various business units.
- Experience in writing Stored Procedures / Functions.
- Experience with SSRS, SSIS, SSAS.
- Design and Develop ETL processes and unit tests in a data warehouse environment.
- Ability to perform minor DBA tasks if needed (Indexing, Query Tuning, Manage Database security, etc.).
- Basic Knowledge of HADR technologies (Replication, Log shipping, etc.) is a plus.
- Analyze and document BI needs and its processes.
Other tasks Include:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Share technical expertise with team and provide recommendations to implement design and code reviews.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills in managing technical information with the team.
Experience & education
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics Degree or Diploma in Information Technology.
- Experience in Microstrategy is an asset, but not necessary.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Stay sharp by taking part at one of our Hackathons, Engineering retreats, Lunch & Learns or Leadership Seminars.
- Free breakfast daily as well as monthly lunches
- Flex time and summer hour schedule
- A 500$ fitness allowance
- Epic parties throughout the year including summer BBQ, Halloween costume party, Holiday bash and 5 a 7s
- Opportunity to give back to the community through our Pay it Forward Program, Ronald Macdonald House visits and supporting the MindGeek Scholarship Fund for Dans la Rue
- A chance to work with a first-class team !
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No telephone calls please. No agency calls or emails.