MindGeek is the largest, privately held company in our industry developing unparalleled technologies for high traffic, high volume online properties. Our exceptional team consist of experts in every functional area of business and they are the key to our position as leaders in content delivery. We strive to innovate on a daily basis to ensure we continue to grow and create new revenue opportunities and cutting edge technology. If you are passionate about taking your career to the next level, then join the MindGeek team and be a part of something big.
As a Data Scientist you will be responsible for analyzing complex data patterns in order to find new solutions to specific technical or business challenges within the area of web publishing and marketing. We expect you to have a solid training in computer science, software development, modeling, statistics and mathematics or any related quantitative field. You also have good business knowledge and a strong sense of initiative and adventure. You will work closely with technical and business teams to find innovative approaches to the various data processing challenges that our organization faces.
You will work on various systems like content recommendation engines, ad bidding systems, credit card fraud detection solutions, anomalous web traffic detection, and much more.
- Review recent technological and research advances from the community and integrate them with existing architecture
- Architect, develop and implement systems to optimize revenue, views and engagement
- Meet, communicate and present findings to internal clients
- Find creative solutions to current issues and identify new opportunities
- Develop and implement solutions including applying algorithms, improving existing algorithms, and developing custom algorithms
- Provide expert advice and assistance to other teams in the company
- M.Sc. in Data Mining, Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics or similar field – Ph.D. an asset
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in data mining algorithms including decision trees, probability networks, clustering, regression and neural networks
- Research-oriented and strong passion for empirical research on hard problems
- Strong programming skills in R, Java, Python or similar high-level languages
- Ability to present results to non-expert people
- Familiarity with database environments and functional knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with Samza, Kafka, Yarn and other distributed and big data solutions
- Experience with UNIX/Linux environment
- Experience and ability to work with Big Data problems
- Data Science side project or Kaggle competitions an asset
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Stay sharp by taking part at one of our Hackathons, Engineering retreats, Lunch & Learns or Leadership Seminars.
- Free breakfast daily as well as monthly lunches
- Flex time and summer hour schedule
- A 500$ fitness allowance
- Epic parties throughout the year including summer BBQ, Halloween costume party, Holiday bash and 5 a 7s
- Opportunity to give back to the community through our Pay it Forward Program, Ronald Macdonald House visits and supporting the MindGeek Scholarship Fund for Dans la Rue
- A chance to work with a first-class team !
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No telephone calls please. No agency calls or emails.