MindGeek is the home of some of the biggest sites on the internet. As such, we have to process, store and transform an impressive amount of data every day. Our systems are low-latency, high throughput and high availability. Our requirements are such that the performance of every line of code counts!
We are looking for senior-level candidates to push our team to new heights and develop novel and innovative systems. You will be working with domain knowledge experts to build the new generation of several new initiatives critical for the success of the company.
- Develop new features for existing projects handling hundreds of billions of events daily
- Assist junior members of the team when needed
- Participate in the full software development life cycle (design, implementation, integration, and interaction with quality assurance)
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Provide expert advice and assistance to other teams in the company
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 5+ years of related work experience
- Strong knowledge of Java
- Strong knowledge of Concurrency and Threading Principles
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Experience with Caching (Redis, EHCache, etc.), Message Queues (Kafka, ZeroMQ, etc.), NoSQL (Cassandra, Riak, etc.)
- Experience with Hive, Kafka, Yarn and other distributed and big data solutions
- Experience with Spring
- Experience with UNIX/Linux environment
- Ability to present results to non-expert people
- Adapt scientific proof-of-concepts to production level code
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No telephone calls please. No agency calls or emails.