Looking for a new and exciting challenge?
Never heard of MindGeek? MindGeek is a company specializing in the development and marketing of highly trafficked web properties; a leader in its activity. But that’s only what we do, not who we are. So who are we? The best way to describe us would be nothing less than awesome! An overstatement? We don’t think so. And neither will you if you come work with us!
As the lead of a growing team your key daily tasks would include:
- Leading a team of backend, frontend and QA developers; guiding the skill and ensuring the quality of the team
- Perform code reviews, highlighting areas to improve both the products and team
- Analyze product requirements and translating to design specifications
- Architect and manage the development of multiple products
- Play a major role in the tech decisions and helping the team to achieve their goals
- Operate in an Agile environment working with the scrum master to manage the sprints and backlog
- Act as a liaison between the product owners and engineering team, offering advice and taking part in the business decisions
Skills and Technologies:
- Degree or certification in a related field with 5+ years of experience in advanced programming and 2+ years in a leadership role
- Experience managing and coaching teams of 5 or more developers
- Expert knowledge of OOP, Java, Spring, frameworks, data structures and design patterns
- Excellent understanding of SOLID principles and clean coding standards
- Experience with large scale web properties, server cluster management and scalable infrastructures
- Experience with monitoring applications regarding memory usage, CPU load, server requests, errors
- Experience in an Agile environment using Scrum methodologies
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization and communication skills (English and French)
What's in It For YOU? Glad You Asked!
MindGeek offers its employees a competitive compensation plan and various perks including…
- Flex and summer hours
- Annual bonus plans and benefits package
- Discounts for nearby businesses and a 500$ yearly gym/fitness allowance
- Access to onsite Ping-Pong, foosball and pool tables.
- Access to onsite cafeteria including a daily free complete breakfast (bacon and eggs on Friday)
- … and much more!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No telephone calls please. No agency calls or emails.