MindGeek is the largest, privately held company in our industry developing unparalleled technologies for high traffic, high volume online properties. Our exceptional team consist of experts in every functional area of business and they are the key to our position as leaders in content delivery. We strive to innovate on a daily basis to ensure we continue to grow and create new revenue opportunities and cutting edge technology. If you are passionate about taking your career to the next level, then join the MindGeek team and be a part of something big.
About the role:
MindGeek’s Engineering team planners are responsible for the execution of the projects within the engineering department. They assist in planning and communication through a standardized agile development process while providing visibility to all members involved in the projects.
As a team planner reporting to an Engineering Director, you will work with the development and product groups to support the software development process and the execution of projects.
Project management responsibilities
- Point of contact for Scrum Master or be the Scrum Master
- Provides visibility on the team operations
- Promote neutrality and transparency in project operations
- Promote high standard for backlog health, organization and priority
- Facilitate impediment resolution
- Promotes cross team communications and alignment
- Advise and help to produce the roadmap for the quarterly initiatives
- Advise the management on task and projects priorities based on the ongoing development
- Advise and support management / director
Product specific responsibilities
- Ensure appropriate structure and health of the product backlog
- Ensure that all tasks have proper estimations
- Support and organize prioritization events
- Ensure appropriate representation of dependencies in the product backlog
Team specific responsibilities
- Schedule, facilitate and run Scrum events
- Ensure that all items part of a sprint have been estimated
- Ensure that the sprint commitment is adequate
- Participate in the sprint and daily scrum
- Ensure that remaining estimates are kept accurate
- Ensure that time spent is logged
- Coordinate the development team working on the integration of the proposed solution
- Track record and achievement of each team members
Skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2 years of experience in an Agile environment.
- 2 years of experience in Project Management.
- 2 years of experience with Software Development lifecycle.
- PMI ACP certification an asset.
- CSM (Certified Scrum master) or CST (Certified Scrum Trainer) an asset.
- Strong written and oral communication skills Both French and English
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with JIRA an asset.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Stay sharp by taking part at one of our Hackathons, Engineering retreats, Lunch & Learns or Leadership Seminars.
- Daily breakfast as well as monthly lunches
- Flex time and summer hour schedule
- A 500$ fitness allowance
- Epic parties throughout the year including summer BBQ, Halloween costume party, Holiday bash and 5 a 7s
- Opportunity to give back to the community through our Pay it Forward Program, Ronald Macdonald House visits and supporting the MindGeek Scholarship Fund for Dans la Rue
- A chance to work with a first-class team !
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No telephone calls please. No agency calls or emails.