MindGeek is the largest, privately held company in our industry developing unparalleled technologies for high traffic, high volume online properties. Our exceptional team consist of experts in every functional area of business and they are the key to our position as leaders in content delivery. We strive to innovate on a daily basis to ensure we continue to grow and create new revenue opportunities and cutting edge technology. If you are passionate about taking your career to the next level, then join the MindGeek team and be a part of something big.
- Work with the Director to define organizational goals, needs and track them accordingly with the help of scrum masters.
- KPIs, Training and Hiring
- Execution of functional plans and strategy implementation
- Budgeting for the Functions.
- Research and development (R&D) for the functions to keep on top of relevant emerging technology and trends
- Managing multiple development teams that could be globally distributed
- Develop performance targets for each of the Team members including hands on career planning with their directs
- Manage the departments performance, including performance discussions and compensation decisions
- Reviewing projects, highlighting areas to improve both the products and development
- Act as a liaison between the product owners and engineering team, offering advice and taking part in the business decisions
- Performance driven
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- With the uncanny ability to shift between tasks and people
- Excellent organizational skills, and ability to give structure to ideas
- Minimum 6-7 years of professional work experience with a University accreditation to match the experience
- Experience with managing globally split staff that are collaborative and possibly virtual
- Recruiting and training that outputs consistently
- Ensure that the employees follow company norms regarding working schedules, holidays, time off, overtime and any other general Human Resources norms
- Follow, exemplify and instill MindGeek shared values and the beliefs
- Software Project Management
- Full Year Technical Roadmap Planning
- High Level Estimation Techniques
- Reviews the end to end work pipeline
- Fosters the environment of delivery and celebration of success
- Capable to do team and inter-team conflict resolution that balances between empathy and results
- Must have worked as a minimum of an Intermediate Software Developer
- Focused on web technologies (PHP, Redis, ElasticSearch, NodeJS, React, Docker)
- Micro-service Architectures
- Design for CI & CD with a keen desire to reach fully orchestrated environments that scale
- Champion in the basics of SOLID, OOP, Design Patterns, DRY
- Experience dealing with large scale solutions that have clear Disaster Recovery plans
- Constant learner who is aware of past, current and future tech trends
- Understands software quality and know the right tools and metrics to ensure that quality drop is prevented
- Have the understanding and ability to create flow, UML, sequence, ER diagrams that bubble up to an architecture vision
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Stay sharp by taking part at one of our Hackathons, Engineering retreats, Lunch & Learns or Leadership Seminars.
- Breakfast daily as well as monthly lunches
- Flex time and summer hour schedule
- A 500$ fitness allowance
- Epic parties throughout the year including summer BBQ, Halloween costume party, Holiday bash and 5 a 7s
- Opportunity to give back to the community through our Pay it Forward Program, Ronald Macdonald House visits and supporting the MindGeek Scholarship Fund for Dans la Rue
- A chance to work with a first-class team !
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No telephone calls please. No agency calls or emails.