MindGeek is the largest, privately held company in our industry developing unparalleled technologies for high traffic, high volume online properties. Our exceptional team consist of experts in every functional area of business and they are the key to our position as leaders in content delivery. We strive to innovate on a daily basis to ensure we continue to grow and create new revenue opportunities and cutting edge technology. If you are passionate about taking your career to the next level, then join the MindGeek team and be a part of something big.
As a Business Analyst, you will help implement technology solutions by gathering and managing technical specifications for engineering counterparts for product build. You will collaborate with product managers, UX designers, engineers and other stakeholders to determine requirements for projects that are meant to enhance teacher instruction and enrich the student learning experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Define, organize, maintain, and deliver functional and data requirements
- Use business and product requirements to help build out technical specifications
- Help define needs and recommend solutions to build desired user-centered functionality
- Coordinate and collaborate with product managers, UX designers, and senior developers to ensure requirements are understood and defined so that the software team can build against those requirements
- Document and maintain business rules
- Use requirements to drive the design or review of test cases, and manage a project’s scope, acceptance, and deployment
Job Requirements/Skills and Experience
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts, including ability to quickly learn what applications are being utilized, what new possible outcomes can be achieved through current platforms, and what the latest technology offers
- Clear written and verbal communication skills, incuding technical writing skills
- Strong analytical skills to interpret and translate business needs into application and operational requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in information technology, computer science, business administration, or related discipline
- A minimum of 4-years experience working as a business analyst, project manager, product manager, or similar role
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and JIRA
- Experience developing requirements for teachers and students a plus
- Contributor of solutions to interactive and user experience challenges
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate with developers, product managers, and stakeholders
- Experience with Agile development practices
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Stay sharp by taking part at one of our Hackathons, Engineering retreats, Lunch & Learns or Leadership Seminars.
- Daily breakfast as well as monthly lunches
- Flex time and summer hour schedule
- A 500$ fitness allowance
- Epic parties throughout the year including summer BBQ, Halloween costume party, Holiday bash and 5 a 7s
- Opportunity to give back to the community through our Pay it Forward Program, Ronald Macdonald House visits and supporting the MindGeek Scholarship Fund for Dans la Rue
- A chance to work with a first-class team !
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No telephone calls please. No agency calls or emails.